Although the DUI attorneys at Hunsucker Legal Group are trained in field sobriety testing, breath testing, and Drug Recognition Evaluations (DRE), we are not able to testify for you in court. As such, we maintain a large list of expert witnesses that we consult with on almost a weekly basis.
An expert witness is a professional in a given field who gives testimony in a trial. Their input is highly valued because they are knowledgeable about the subject that they are questioned on. Expert testimony can have a major impact on the outcome of a trial.
Get the DUI Experts on Your Side
There are several types of expert witnesses that can be utilized in DUI trials.
- Chemical experts can offer testimony on the validity of a breath, blood or urine BAC test. If there is a flaw in the machine or procedure, they may be able to refute these tests.
- Field sobriety test experts can use their expertise in psychology and physiology to explain why various field sobriety tests are unreliable.
- Experts on police procedures can speak on the methods utilized by the police in the arrests, and highlight violations of protocol or flaws in their process.
- Accident Reconstruction Experts can dispute how the accident occurred or who was at fault.
- Traffic Safety Engineer Experts can testified to sign placement, minimal standards for construction zones and driver expectations.
While these experts can be expensive, they can make all the difference in a trial. Depending on the facts of the case, we may be able to achieve the same results with our in house DUI private investigator who has received the same training in DUI cases as most police officers.
A Law Firm Who Knows How To Help
At Hunsucker Legal Group, we understand the intricacies of DUI cases and have expert witnesses we can call on to build your case. A DUI conviction can have serious consequences on the rest of your life, so it is important that you get professional legal help.
Fill out a case evaluation online today or call 405-231-5600 to schedule a free and confidential initial consultation.
FREE Case Evaluations
Fill Out A Free Online Evaluation Today!