John E. Hunsucker, Attorney at LawOne North Hudson, Suite 700
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Toll Free: 1-888-DUI-ARREST
- "Oklahoma DUI Defense: The Law and Practice" -- Hunsucker, Edge, and Nesci (Lawyers & Judges Publishing)
- "The Oklahoma DUI Survival Guide" -- Edge and Hunsucker (Whitehall Publishing)
- "The Georgia DUI Survival Guide" -- Trapp, Edge, and Hunsucker (Whitehall Publishing)
- "The Minnesota DWI Survival Guide" -- Hazelton, Edge, and Hunsucker (Whitehall Publishing)
- University of Oklahoma, B.A.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D. 1997
- Former Assistant District Attorney
- Adjunct Law Professor, Emeritus
Admitted to practice:
- All Oklahoma State and Municipal Courts
- United States Federal Court, Western District
- United States Appellate Court for the Tenth Circuit
Affiliations / Certifications:
- Director and Sustaining Member, Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association
- Fellow, Litigation Council of America
- Member, National College for DUI Defense
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Handles hundreds of DUI and DPS hearings a year ranging from (DUI) Felony Murder II to municipal DWIs
- Frequently called upon by other attorneys for his DUI knowledge. Several attorneys regularly retain Mr. Hunsucker to handle their client's DPS hearings.
- Featured nationally numerous times as a Legal Expert Commentator on Court TV/TruTV. (In Session with Ashleigh Banfield and Open Court with Lisa Bloom).
- Certified Administrator and Instructor of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Operator and Maintenance Specialist-Intoxilyzer 5000 Breath Machine
- Owns 12 Intoxilyzer 5000s
- Operator-Intoxilyzer 8000
- Owns Intoxilyzer 8000 (the ONLY Lawyer in Oklahoma City and Western Oklahoma that actually owns the machine which is one of only 12 Intoxilyzer 8000s in private hands in the country)
- Attends, participates, and/or teaches at almost all national and local level DUI/DWI seminars and is up to date and current on any recent changes in the law and new trial tactics for winning your case. These seminars include seminars on eye movements, blood testing, breath testing (Including teaching the new Intoxilyzer 8000), field sobriety testing, drug recognition, advanced trial tactics, and advance scientific evidence courses.
- Numerous Not Guilty Verdicts and dismissals for DUIs and APCs
- Prior to focusing on DUI's, Mr. Hunsucker has tried to verdicts jury trials for other crimes including First Degree Murder, Rape I, Burglary I, and Assault and Battery with a Deadly Weapon.
- As an Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Hunsucker has criminally prosecuted hundreds of DUI cases, thus obtaining valuable rare knowledge from the other side. Some competitors will criticize this, because they know how important this rare knowledge is that they do not posses (it's nice to have the other side's play book).
- Mr. Hunsucker has been retained by judges, attorneys, firefighters, and law enforcement officers to handle cases for themselves or their family members.